Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcouloir View Post
Ahoy,

Do you have any suggestions for me? I followed the instructions in this thread for LAA. After locating the executable file in step 1 and checking the save box in step 2, advanced mode always indicates C:\SH4\SH4.exe with a False flag. A settings.sav file is created, but apparently it is not saving the check in step 2.

Thanks for any suggestions,
GC

Installed SH4 in the following location –
C:\SH4\SH4.exe

Regedit indicates Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\1033 the following is installed –

Installed laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5 in the following location –
C:\Large Address Aware\Large Address Aware.exe

Additional info follows -
Device name Steve-PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 544F9E7A-C641-4558-B238-1BDF1E3AFD61
Product ID 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎2/‎1/‎2021
OS build 19043.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
Ahoy, greatcouloir...

1st, did you open the folder that SH4 is installed, scroll to the SH4.exe click on it to highlight it & in the menu up top, click on the properties selection there, to open up SH4.exe's properties menu & ensure that it is NOT set to write only...

This is an important step, as when adding in mods, the .exe needs to be allowed to be written into for the mods to work... & think that would also apply here, to Large Address Aware (or LAA as some call/refer to it by... )

Only other thing that I can think of.. would be the possibility of a bad install/corruption of LAA, in which case... a dump & reinstall would resolve that... & Yes, it can, does & will occur.. as that will with any app, program, anything related to computers... & downloading, installing stuff. Murphy's law... in effect.

Most game launcher's if you grab your games through those... now include a means to verify files... that process, just... hasn't made it to other areas... yet.
Would suggest, a check on the .exe properties, 1st.. if still no joy, then a dump & reinstall... as I mentioned, should resolve the issue.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.