Thread: [WIP] Lighthouses mod
View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 09:50 AM   #489
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Thank you for your reports Anvar, they are of great help

As far as I know, before you joined our little team, our lighthouse had only been tested over SHIII + GWX Gold (me), and WAC (Kendras). MLF has also been helping us with alpha-testing, but I ignore his mod loadout.
More extensive tests to ensure compatibility with the most common megamods will be carried out during the beta-testing stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
I get CTD at 85% of the load of a single mission with all the fixes of the required my GWX Rus files.
This CTD might be caused by the lighthouse having been set as type 407 (Naval Base) starting from alpha v12. I am not sure yet that this is the best unit type we can use for our lighthouses; we might switch to another unit type in one of the next versions, but if we kept it, it would enable our lighthouses having their names printed on the navigation map, similar to ports.

Getting back to the crash you have repoted, your Russian-localized version of GWX might not like the map label currently set for our lighthouse. Please open Lighthouses.mis with a text editor, and try replacing the orange text in the following line with any cyrillic text migh be fit:

Code:
Name=  La Plate VQ(9)10s19m8M
Let me know if that solves the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
In NYGM this lighthouse only works in 1940!
To be honest, all my tests have been carried out using the date chosen by Kendras for his testing mission (March 1, 1940). The date-triggered CTD you are reporting might be caused by some lighthouse equipments -which, on turn, have other configurable equipments linked to them- being removed from the model starting from June 25, 1940.

If that was true, the CTD migh not be megamod-related, and it might happen when the game tries placing an equipment on top of another equipment which is no longer in place. If that was the case, a possible fix could be "switching off" "child equipments" as well as their "parent equipments".

I will investigate on the issue and I will keep you informed on my findings
gap is offline   Reply With Quote