View Single Post
Old 11-10-07, 11:38 PM   #218
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yup, it's rough around the edges for sure, but there is an enjoyable game in there all the same. It's nice to have one where mines and the deck gun are the primary weapons for much of the time, that makes for a very different experience.

I feel your pain on the German language issues. I bought the German version before it was released in English, in fact I actually bought three copies and gave two of them to of my buddies. My German is limited to ordering beers and asking for directions, so it's a struggle, and it certainly was when I first got the thing and had to wade through the manual, as they never taught us the words for 'torpedo' and 'blow main ballast' in my school German classes, it was all, 'this is my house' and 'the cat is in the garden' etc, stuff like that. How thoughtless!

A quick look through the folders will reveal that it is eminently moddable and I'm on the case with some, with the intention of putting them all in one package when there is something to shout about, at which point, I would start another thread for it.

The most annoying thing is that there was the facility to shift the camera about on it before release, as evidenced by the video promo for it, and it beats me why they ditched it, because the models are generally not bad, and some of them are very good indeed, but you don't get to enjoy them as half the time they are sinking when you get close enough to check them out.

Chock