View Single Post
Old 02-13-20, 09:36 AM   #5437
italianmarine
A-ganger

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

U-04 7th successful patrol with my Uboat II-D.
Started in Kiel on the 12 of March and had to patrol in front of Bergen. For 1 week I faced heavy rain and fog. As soon as I arrived in the designated Patrol point in went down to 25 Meters and started to look for ships. Was lucky. Sonar guy found one signal at long distance and I immediately went up and went after the contact. It was extremely hard since it was 10 PM and heavy rain and fog was to hard for the watchcrew.

For a day I had to surface and dive to catch up to the ship. The fatigue of the crew was extremely high. At 9.10 am I had the sonar contact really close so I surfaced. My watch crew didn`t see the ship but I spotted it at 800 M. It was an English big Merchant with camouflage on the side. Went to the UZO and fired after a small calculation 2 torps, which both hit and sank it for 6900 BMT.

For other 7 days with similar conditions I tried to find something else to shoot the remaining 3 torps, but my crew was really low on endurance so I set course to the base of Kiel and earning two Medals for my crew. On the way I encountered huge ships but all neutrals. (Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden and Estonia) Tonight my 8th Patrol will start.
italianmarine is offline   Reply With Quote