View Single Post
Old 08-24-07, 10:59 PM   #132
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
But I like the precise control. When you're changing your speed to match a ship, or rotating AOB or changing target speed, you'll want that. Maybe not for depth control but, who knows.
Yeah - I like it for speed/AOB as you say, and for course too (since there's no good way yet to order "set course for xx degrees", you need the precision to get to the exact course you want). It just didn't seem quite right to me for depth and rudder (couldn't see myself ordering "right 13 degrees rudder" either - so I just use 5 degree increments there as well) - purely a personal taste thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
UPDATE: 55 and 572 do different things - one goes to damage station and the other tells the damage control team to get in gear, I'm pretty sure those are totally different.

558 is send range to TDC, but the other two are 558.1 (Follow Warship) and 558.2 (Normal Sweep).
LOL - well, I knew it was getting late and I was getting tired - turns out I was looking at the old and new files tiled vertically next to each other, so I had squeezed down the ID column widths to where I couldn't see the decimal places, so they all looked like 558 to me - sorry for the false alarm