View Single Post
Old 08-23-07, 02:51 AM   #124
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I just posted some videos at:

http://knepfler.com/sh4speech/videos

The videos show the entire installation process, as well as a demo video at the end of me sinking a sitting duck almost entirely by voice. Control over these functions is brand spanking new and I haven't practiced any of the commands.

So, in that vid, you might notice one or two missed recognitions - angle on bow is especially tricky for some reason, but it's the only one I've seen behave like that. "toggle PK" was just my throat needing to be cleared. Also, when using calculate speed, it didn't auto-send to TDC, but that's already fixed and posted.

UPDATE: Having lowered my Pronunciation Sensitivity a little, I get much better recognition on the Angle on Bow commands, as expected. You have to tune that once in a while, as the ambient conditions change, as well as microphone distance and gain (mine is on a stand on the table) so you want to use the test mode once in a while and make sure it's recognizing this command and a few others well, as well as not doing a false match when you say something nonsensical into the microphone.

UPDATE: Updated 1.7b (no version change) with a minor fix that speeds up the dial twisting action by using larger steps, instead of hitting every degree on the dial between 0 and the requested setting, which could be kind of slow (watch the AOB turn in my video to see what I mean.)

I'm also considering changing the voice commands from "torpedo gyro left 5 degrees" and "increase angle on bow 90 degrees" to simpler phrases, such as "gyro right 5 degrees" or "spread right 5 degrees", and "increase target angle 90 degrees" (since "bow" seems hard for it to recognize for some strange reason.)

I'll probably release 1.7 Final tonight so I hope to get some feedback on all these new changes before then!

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 08-23-07 at 11:13 AM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote