View Single Post
Old 02-03-10, 03:21 PM   #23
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Fixes for updated mission release for zw's members

Hello Zeewolf. Bug report as per my e-mail to you. For other members info, main problem is loss (invisible terrain) of terrain under tracks, some external pulsing flickering graphics and internal views keep flicking back to straight ahead (if for example as the driver looking at steering wheel & pedals below view flicks back to drivers aperture/window. As gunner the sight "runs away" upwards (in F5 expanded view )you can drag it back but then it runs up again.
Installation worked fine before (had to add the 2 dll files when I first installed it). Strangely after first ZW mod install (i.e. the latest as I didn't use the Xmas issue of mission updates) my first German mission ran OK until about 5 min into engagement then tank "climbed" up onto an invisible hill and became airborne! Then the graphic glitches started. Uninstalled mod (OK but extracted the mscvp etc70/71 files. When reinstalled in default T34vsTiger mode as original graphic glitches (flickering invisible terrain) persisted. I searched the registry for "leftovers" but found none.
Any advice where to check for traces of files that may be left would be appreciated (I looked in Windows/regedit/HKEY-software) but found nothing untoward to delete. Finally got it back to square one running OK - remodded and same thing happened.
Now uninstalled and trying to get back to square one again.
Now doing what all good Panzer commanders do facing inevitable defeat - I've poured a large schnapps and loaded my luger. Odd though as other games are running OK (IL2 1946, COD, OFPDR and Karkov 1942) for example and drivers for GPU must be OK one assumes, if running fine previously. Kinda weird eh?

Well here's hoping, not given up yet still hanging in there but any advice welcome.
Morttheslayer
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote