Old 06-18-09, 09:02 PM   #29
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
I bet you're wrong.

Arma II is centered (campaign at least) on Razor team, doesn't take long before you get to know the guys and bond with them. No more "3 is down", but "crap, Rodriguez got hit!".

You said it yourself; consoles are at a disadvantage (when it comes to games like this). You only have to look at the crosshairs and command interface in OFP: DR to come to the conclusion that it is intended for console, while Arma II still offers the extended interface (although also incorporating a streamlined system alongside).

Also, the free floating aim is gone there; gun always points at the center of the screen. More proof that the game belongs with "the others", not Arma. From what I see just looking at those trailers, it does not qualify as a sim, and as said before can't even be compared to Arma anymore.

I mean, crosshairs that change color when you aim at someone? FAIL

If you have PC and want something realistic, get Arma. If you have console and want something playable, get OFP: DR. Arma II will come to 360, but I fear it will find no welcome there.
You didn't read my post. The PC versions are always more enhanced for the same game. The console versions just exist to make money. Go play Rainbow 6. Try to target a bad guy far away. Do the same thing on the PC version. Your questions will be answered.

Console versions will exist, but if you want the full world, you need the PC version.

And yes, I have ArmA, so I know a thing or two about it. Here is some vids I took to wet your appetite:

Video's above - full version and downloadable:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/...030176zWgErbBC

This one shows off the entire island and then some:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/...243954FpDNdqs8

And if you must ask, I rarely screw up when playing a game. That should be evident from the video's length of time and what was accomplished. All Veoh movies are downloadable in full resolution BTW.

-S