View Single Post
Old 03-12-19, 05:58 PM   #17
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
Just to repeat, I have done exactly this but for some reason, it is NOT WORKING in my NYGM installation. Am trying to figure out WHY and am getting nowhere. And there's the issue that almost none of the Type VIIB and Type IXB were equipped with snorkels AND used them on operations. Try with VIIC or IXC and let me know how you make out.
Answering your request is easy, but will not change anything. Funny, isnt it?
Start new Campaign, Year 44, 1st Flottille, Brest. I get 7c.
Start new Campaign, Year 44, 2nd Flottille, Lorient. I get 9c.
With my modified FuMB37 Sensors.sim from 180 to 30 both boats will drive out my Snorkel in 30 seconds.

So i know, this info alone will not help you much. Let me assemble some facts together. Your changeings does not work. My changings work. You have not provided your Operating-System. You have not provided youre Install-drawer. To me it looks like you have an install in something like a 'windows protected storage folder' or a 'copy protected' download install. This can be "Windows/Programs" or "ProgramsX86" ore something like that. In this drawers installed programs and games will work. But Windows (or the Download-Tool) may prevent any modifications which is very bad for Mods. This is known, and tips about that will pop up here (mostly) on a week-basis.
Changing the Snorkel-Loadout-Time in NYGM is Sensors.sim for Types 7 and 9. Type 21 has its own *sim in Submarine-folder, but is not related here, since it always has 10 seconds.
Another often discussed procedure to find bad things is deactivate all Mods, and activate one at a time to test.

Normal i do not use NYGM, i have my own install, which is a mixture of many Mods out there that fit my needs but based on GWX 1.3/2.0 and heavy modified.
For things like this here i use only the core NYGM files without any 'Add-On'-mods which is exactly as youre Mod-Soup breaked after "NYGM 2017A". It looks like this:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SilentHunterIII\MODS]

SH3_14b_4FPS_4GB
xNYGM_36F_2017A_myMerge
xNYGM_mySH3TooL_Korrekt
xNYGM_mySH3TooL_Korrekt_Campaign
Missions_myTEST-Missions_SH3
xNYGM_FuMB37
xNYGM_FuMB37_Snorkel30
ag_FileManager-Ini-Comment-Crash

Let me say one last word to youre *ogg-file-findings.
For me this looks like you have a very bad installation, or you have not used SearchMyFiles. This is a standalone Freeware-Tool.
With this Tool i find (on the above JSGME-Modlist) on my SH3-install these 10 files:
Zones.cfg
messages_en.txt
Basic.cfg
Commands_de.cfg
Commands_en.cfg
Sensors.sim
en_help.txt
en_menu.txt
NSS_Uboat21.sim
NSS_Uboat23.sim

And restricted search to Library:
Sensors.sim