Old 01-03-21, 01:46 AM   #70
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtype Zero View Post
Thanks all for the help and advice!

I think I saw that somewhere either in the NYGM thread or in the documentation.

I bet the problem is that both the Night Vision Fix and the BWF replaces the entire EnvSim.act file instead of just individual variables within the file. Someone with more sophisticated hex editing skills than me could probably combine the two files into one that would work.

Looks like I will at some point test both Fifi's and John's approach and see which I like best, but before that, I have to do a lot more loading of other mods and testing to make sure I have a stable setup. So far so good!
Exactly, there are 2 approaches for weather changes:
- One with this EnvSim.act dated 2016 & no bad weather fix in Hsie (to keep working the night vision fix)
- One with the EnvSim.act dated 2012 & bad weather fix in Hsie

Both are fixing the long storms bug, and both have plenty weather changes…
But I find the first one too brutal in the changes, very often jumping from zero to 15ms and inverse, without transitions as in real.
I prefer the second one, giving some transitions (sometimes just of few hours) before big changes in sea state, simulating sea slowly raising or decreasing …
Furthermore second one can have longer medium sea states, that I prefer.

Also there are some more important settings to be done inside the scene.dat suitable for nice weather changes.