View Single Post
Old 02-19-16, 02:45 AM   #4
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Looks as if the basic DOSbox up-scaling isn't working on my SH1.

I often set them to run at 2x or 3x their original resolution but this isn't actually doing it as most do.

May try forcing it to a specific windowed resolution (1024x768 maybe?) and see if it does so. If that actually works, it would be the ideal way for you to see the whole display.

Your HDTV is cutting off the bottom due to it's own Scaling settings. This old DOS game is a 4:3 ratio, which the HDTV will detect as Standard Definition. There are a few different ways for 16:9 ratio TVs & monitors to show the taller, but far less wide, SD ratio. They either stretch it so much it looks bad, show it in the original format with black bands all around, or expand it a bit and then cut off some of the top & bottom because it doesn't fit. Sounds like you're getting the latter.

You may be able to find a better Scaling setting for it in your TV's settings. For HDTVs, generally none are optimal for displaying such low-res Standard Def outputs but at least you may be able to keep it from cutting off parts.

Last edited by NefariousKoel; 02-19-16 at 02:51 AM.
NefariousKoel is offline   Reply With Quote