View Single Post
Old 04-02-15, 06:21 AM   #88
ninja turtle
Frogman

Downloads: 249
Uploads: 0

Hi LGN1

Thanks for the reply and apologies for not getting back sooner. I've been tweaking a lot with the game yesterday to try and remove unrealistic notifications. Some work, some work if I have the discipline not to check, and some unfortunately don't. So far I've removed the sunk ship icon on the map, the 'K' key, ship hit by torpedo music, and I'm trying to change the patrol status so that only position and number of torpedoes are available (unfortunately once I sink a ship the patrol status won't update).

Anyway. Here's my current setting for ship names: SH3 Commander-Cfg-Ship names.cfg:

[SETTINGS]
RepeatWhenAllUsed=0
AddText=1

[TEXT]
AddAsNewLine=1
CargoTxt_en=Cargo:
CargoTxt_de=Fracht:
CargoTxt_fr=marchandise :
CrewTxt_en=Crew:
CrewTxt_de=Mannschaft:
CrewTxt_fr=équipage :
CrewLostTxt_en=Crew lost:
CrewLostTxt_de=Mannschaftsverluste:
CrewLostTxt_fr=équipage disparu :
CargoTyps_en=Coal,Timber,General Cargo,Grain,Iron Ore,Foodstuffs,Steel,Scrap Metal,Paper Products,Sulfur,Phosphates,Military Vehicles,Trucks,Aircraft,Explosives,Military Stores,Copper Ore,Sugar,Machinery,Bauxite,Coffee,Textiles,Mail/Packages,Tobacco,Wine/Spirits,Crude Oil,Gasoline,Aviation Fuel,Passengers,Troops
CargoTyps_de=Kohle,Holz,Fracht allgemein,Getreide,Eisenerz,Nahrungsmittel,Stahl,S chrott,Papierprodukte,Schwefel,Phosphate,Militärfa hrzeuge,Lastwagen,Flugzeuge,Sprengstoff,Militäraus rüstung,Kupfererz,Zucker,Maschinen,Bauxit,Kaffee,T extilien,Post/Pakete,Tabak,Wein/Spirituosen,Rohöl,Benzin,Flugbenzin,Passagiere,Tru ppen
CargoTyps_fr=charbon,bois,marchandise principale,grain,minerai de fer,denrées alimentaires,acier,ferraille,produits papiers,soufre,phosphates,véhicules militaires,camions,avions,explosifs,réserves militaires,minerai de cuivre,sucre,machines,bauxite,café,textiles,lettre s/colis,tabac,vins/spiritueux,huile brute,essence,carburant d'avion,passagers,troupes

I've also changed the ship names to what you suggest as per thumbnail. I'm assuming that I don't need to put the German version in as well? The drop down menu works but not the cargo / crew lost on SH3 Commander Personnel file and patrol log.

"For the ship-name feature to work properly it is neccessary to use exactly the same name for the type as in the EnglishNames.cfg/GermanNames.cfg in the Sea folder of the SH3 installation. I recommend to put a copy of the EnglishNames.cfg/GermanNames.cfg into the same folder as the executable. The log executable will read this file and offer all the names in a drop-down menu (the included EnglishNames.cfg/GermanNames.cfg is from GWX)."

Many thanks for putting some excellent ideas into my mind to make the game more realistic and immersive and to have the information to try and have a go.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH3log.jpg (83.1 KB, 5 views)
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote