View Single Post
Old 01-08-21, 08:38 AM   #28
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTorrent View Post
Hi John. This sounds interesting. I've been on the lookout for a decent fatigue model for a while, I play GWX currently and I find the required rotation time a little too much. Having to drop out of TC every minute or so to change people around is a chore.

So far I've found NYGM's model to be a nice balance of the two. The time between watch changes is long enough to not be too much of a bore, but enough that you still get the feeling of being involved with your crew. I'd like to use it with GWX but when I've looked at incorporating it into the GWX basic.cfg I find it all to be a bit overwhelming. Especially on top of German U-Boat Compilation's basic.cfg! I don't even know where to start merging the three...

No fatigue just feels off for me. It's much more playable but it almost feels like cheating.

How does this fatigue system compare? How often do you find you need to do watch changes to stop them from deteriorating too fast, and roughly how long a patrol do you get out of them before they're worn out? I like the idea of a full patrol fatigue system but I'd be interested to know how it fares with long voyages to the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean.
if you want to use NYGM's model with other installs, use this file as is or merged as desired.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ew9va...d_1.1.zip/file

To answer your Kaa model questions watch changes only need happen a few times a patrol. Crew gets fatigued but they'll perform their duties just much slower when fatigued.
I like the NYGM system too, actually don't dislike any of them but just much prefer the Kaa model as I really dislike micro-managing anything.
Roughly one can expect them to last for a month/1.5 month patrol.