View Single Post
Old 04-06-11, 01:26 PM   #10
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
12 pings per minute? Just curious, are you doing single pings for that? IIRC, setting it to continuous ping only produces a couple of pings per minute....
Kinda a mix of both. I figured I'd use the most extreme reasonable penalty I could imagine, just so there wouldn't be any question about 'padding' teh use of the MF. You can't even match the HF bonus since it's built into the math (+200 vs +300, and you can't have -101 pings per minute, so....)

But there may be a point where pings/minute penalty is less than the fuel efficiency penalty, and that would differ for each platform. But looking at the fuel penalty per minute, even if we consider the opposite, 4 pings /minute, it's only in sprint situations where the fuel penalty surpasses the ping penalty.

That's fuel penatly per minute. At the extreme (IMO) end of pings per minute (4), Your MF will probably be useless anyways if the fuel penalty is now worse than the ping penalty.

If you can come up with a chart that shows the active ppm for each platform, please do! I would like to think that we could assume active sonar = constant contact bonus.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote