View Single Post
Old 09-22-10, 01:53 AM   #93
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default mod 1.5 instal

Hi Fried!

I'll have to check my game menu again but I am positive I saw a single user mission with the Panther it's the Peschanoye one which used to be played with the T34/7r beutepanzer.As for the Luchs I may have been deluded.It may have been a single user mission with the Panzer II C that I saw.

By the way I created a small try mission to play with that Luchs and the Panzer 38 ausf G and the new Soviet tanks T28 and the T34/76 1943 model. The Luchs is nice and cool and I killed 4 tanks with it (T34 1941, a T28, a Mark III and a T26).However it's too smalll for me and not my kind of playable tank.I also tried the Jagdpanther and quite an impressive beast.I love it.It will go well with the Stug III F and G, and the Hetzer to fight off Soviet armoured offensives.The Elefant is OK n but frankly not as aplayable tank for me.However to make good defensive missions it will be a good addition.The Tiger I SS mysteriously I was able to play it once and since it crashes my missions and the ME with a white screen error????This new mod is very strange it allows me to play some of the missions I made with the unofficial 1.5 release and even make modifications without problems but some of the others I made with the same unoff 1.5 just crash with a white screen!!!!! I haven't been able to figure out why???I even created a trial mission with the 1.5 beta release on my laptop but when I transferred that mission into the beta release on my pc it crashed with a white screen????It's the same install!!!

Anyway I am keeping 3 distinct mods. The 1.4, the unofficial 1.5 which is not as comprehensive but very stable and offers more than the 1.4 and the beta 1.5.This way I can dab with 3 different types of mods.I''ll recyckle your Tiger missions and use them to make new versions to go along with the beta release.I may even remake your Tiger mission 04( defending Taranovka village) with a ring of bunkers, panzerschreck teams hiding in the forest by the village, MG34 emplacements to fight off the infantry attack and allow the AT guns and the lone tank( may be a Tiger II or a Panther instead of the Tiger I) to focus on the tanks.

2 cool additions; the panzerstoerersgruppen which consits of a team of panzerschreck soldiers. I tried them and they managed to kill 2 tanks.Very useful to make ambush-type missions or defend a village or fortified position. There's also a MG34 team which I haven't tried but will be useful when you are attacked by infantry.There's also what they call tower in the ME and which are small bunkers with a MG and a soldier equipped with a MP40.Thus you can now create new defensive position swith MG34s nests, bunkers, panzerschreck groups, AT guns and jagdpanzers .Very Nice work that these guys did!

I haven't played the stock missions yet( to tell you the truth I am starting to modify them to tailor them more to my action-oriented taste but I'll give it a go since you T34/85 story intrigues me....

The new Panther is not as nice as the experimental one they had with the Panther-Hetzer mod.However it's adequate and I have started to modify some of my existing missions replacing the Tiger with it.

RE the mods install; I have 2 methods.One is to extract the mod into a separate folder. Then I take the resulting application folder which I paste straight into my game's mod folder.With vista if your game is in the C drive it's the onyl way to go. You have no choice but to use the JSGME to enable your mods it's the only way to go.Me too I have that cocpit feature which I did not touch .However remember this a beta release which means that there are impecfections and missing files.I suspect in a few weeks they will release an Alpha 1.5 mod which will replace the one we have and may include campaigns.I don't think you did not instal properly your mod.BTW I'll email you some of my best unoff 1.5 release missions.

Or another method is to install the zip file into my game main folder and extract it on the spot and the application folder goes straigth into the mods folder of the game .This you can do with windows 7 or XP.

Cheers FW
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote