Old 08-11-19, 02:08 AM   #392
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevReese View Post
Hello,
I have just installed SH5 and thought i would try WoS mod.
I have a clean unmodded copy at 1.20
Windows 10 x64 8GB RAM GTX1050

I installed the mod correctly with no errors, pointing it at my copied install (F:\Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of Steel) and it installed the mod no problem.
I then installed the update, again no errors or anything.
Finally I click the sh5.exe within the modded copy of the game and it simply loads the vanilla game and Uplay.

I have tried this twice now from a fresh reinstall, and the same thing happens every time.

No updated splash screen or anything to show the mod is installed.

Can i not use this mod on a separate copy of the game? i wanted to keep a vanilla copy pristine in case i wanted to go back to it for some reason.

I read on here someone else had the same issue and was told it was because he had not followed step 1 (which i have done and correctly told the mod where to install).

Can anyone help me get this mod working as it sounds excellent but right now i am just thinking of uninstalling it and going back to SH3!

Thank you for your time and i apologise in advance if this turns out to be some foolish action on my part! (which it probably is!).
SH5 and TWoS do not support multiple game installations. Make a clean SH5 installation , backup your stock game files if you wish, install TWoS a according to installinstructions
and happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote