View Single Post
Old 05-06-07, 10:42 AM   #25
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Yes and no. If I cant get in on a convoy I will use manual TDC. Thats rare though. Most of the time I use the point and shoot method from extreme minimum range. You lead a ship at 400 yards away by 8 - 10 degrees and fire. At high torp speed - based on deflection angle - and you'll hit. You just have to adjust for the AOB. From that close - its actually a really easy shot. The hard part of those attacks is getting in the right spot without being detected. The upside is that you can use both fore and aft shots very fast if you can position yourself between 2 columns.

Its a personal choice - my attack style is to knife fight, whether using torps or the deck gun. There are some that play the game just because they like doing all the math, some that like to just lock the target and yell "shoot" - and then the few like me that take a middle ground.

Remember - at lower "realism" levels you dont get full credit in renown for the sinkings. Had I been running low "realism", renown would have probably been somwhere around 3-5k instead.

Good Hunting!
Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote