View Single Post
Old 07-27-19, 11:26 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFin View Post
I'm pretty sure it's already posted somewhere, but just to make sure everyone knows about this:

https://www.hnsa.org/manuals-documents/

At the bottom of the page, under a wealth of other tactical and technical information you can find all submarine war patrol reports of US WWII submarines.

Other sites make you pay, this one offers it for everyone to read at no cost.

These war patrol reports are the equivalent of the Kriegstagebücher for German WWII submarines. They offer a lot of insight into the tactics, challenges (there were many) and psychology of the crew and officers involved.
you seem to be a realism buff so i wanted to mention something we all learn when trying to get more realism through mods.

the game files are a hodge podge of files that work and dont work, some will give the desired changes in game when you change values and some do nothing at all clearly indicating some files arent even being used for what they are named for.

just keep in mind its very very frustrating as you find some things just cant or wont let you make the changes that you want to fix some unrealistic stuff in the game. most of my modding endeavors were striving for realism in one form or the other and its very frustrating to say the least so i wanted you to be aware of that as you start modding the game