View Single Post
Old 10-02-19, 05:25 AM   #5
PeterS
Swabbie

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

I'd love a pause feature, only in solo, but a "true pause", not the SH5 type of pause where you can still do things on the map. The SH5-Pause always felt like cheating, like pausing while trying to identify the target, while trying to measure distance and AOB in the periscope etc. I am actually glad this does NOT exist in Wolfpack because it adds a lot to the tension when you need to do your calculations in time pressue. That's cool, and I personally would love to keep this as is.

However, a true pause button to pause the complete game in solo mode (for going to toilet/smoke/dinner/whatever) would be nice, at least for me. Do not allow any game interaction in this pause mode, maybe just show the menu (or just pause the game while in the menu?), so you cannot do anything in the game. Of course, this does not apply to multiplayer, where you can easily say "away for 5 minutes, please take care of the watch". But for solo, in my opinion it does not hurt the game and offers some convinience to be able to step away from the PC for a while, without feeling like a cheat in SH5. I aborted a few games when the wife called "lunch" and I was already in attack position.

Just my two cents. Controversial topic, admittedly.
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote