View Single Post
Old 07-25-19, 06:44 PM   #3
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, in fact I did a complete uninstall / directroy deletion (incl savegames) / registry cleaning / reboot / reinstall / JGSME fresh install snapshot and only then activated ONLY FOTRSU.

Yeah, on second thought I realized I don't really know how much battery life the S-Boats had. Some probably had even less than stock game boats. I think it was S-36 who spent one of its first patrols pretty much on only one engine the whole time. I imagine they didn't move far neither during the day nor at night.

Maybe I should first start out with properly researching the actual realistic ranges and charging times for these S-Boats. Just from reading a few reports my gut feeling told me that the stock game charging time is way off.

I checked Websters mod and changed

E_propulsion (all values) and Ranges (submerged values)

from the FOTRSU S-Boat to his, using S3ditor. I hope this is okay, for my own testing purposes?

First time I modded myself SH IV, pretty proud of that.

How do these values interact?

E_propulsion
eng_power
eng_rpm
Ranges
Surfaced
miles
knots
Submerged
miles
knots

I suppose Ranges across speeds are linked with a quadratic equation of some sort, to model increased fuel / capacity usage at non-optimal speeds?

Which value determines charging speed? Is charging in-game linked to speed?

The reverse is obviously true, as you gain a knot or two when refraining from charging. In reality I believe boats were able to run at least at 2/3 without suffering any speed loss. One engine would charge while the other drives the prop shaft.
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote