View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 07:10 AM   #5
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Stewy, let me know if you'd like to collaborate on a sound mod.

I've grown tired of the awful, awful sounds in DW and am planning a huge overhaul. For a game where sound is the most important means of detection, I can't understand why they used such poor quality sound clips and spent so little time making good sounds. Disappointing. Same sounds were present in Fleet Command and Sub Command too.

Anyway, I'll post a thread about my mod a little later. I have changed a fair number of sounds for my personal copy already, but there's a lot more to go before I'd like to release it as a mod.

I intend to overhaul the experience with stuff like BB sounds from ice floes, more biologics, completely renewed surface and sub sounds, new interface switch/button sounds, active sonar pings, etc. A new crew voice set would be nice but probably is not in the cards at the moment.
Is this an open offer, or for Stewy exclusively?
I made my own sound mod as well for an older RA version. Unfortunately I didn't realize that the scsedit tool corrupts the files, adding these annoying cracks, so all my work was... well, destroyed.

I exchanged nearly everything, especially 3D sounds and interface, as well as mechanical stuff like extending wires, masts, periscopes... it's all too loud and cranky in vanilla, I think. But as I said, it's gone.

However, DW won't die for me soon, so I'd be interested in helping - if I can.