View Single Post
Old 07-28-08, 04:35 PM   #23
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatico
If so, I'm sure that they won't rush... so much the better.

Just have to say that GWX 2.1 was a surplus project from the day 1.

Instead of investing all that energy, time, effort and coordination into technical perfection of "already out of date graphic engine" - it would have been much better if they have started 12 months ago to shift GWX gameplay into SH4 visual environment.

Long time ago, it was clear that very few players would become SH funs - because of improvement of GWX 2.1 compared to GWX 2.0... but many players left SH3 because of old graphic, atractive new visuals and hardware price-drop...

Please, don't blame me for my genuine opinion, I am still playing GWX 2.1, I am very grateful to Wolfpack for their effort... but time will prove that I was right.

Feel free to fire back on me...
MODERATOR HAT OFF:

Hi!

IIRC, the GWX Team decided to finish off V2.1 for the SH3 engine and await the appearance of the U-boat Missions Add-On, since the team felt
  1. the add-on would probably make life a lot easier for folks interested in modding U-boats, as well as giving Ubisoft another opportunity to kill SH4 game engine bugs.
  2. The GWX team could work out some final kinks in GWX to better prepare for a move to the SH4 engine, should the team decide to continue that way.
As it turned out, the U-boat Missions arrived in late February 2008, while the final GWX V2.1 appeared only a couple of months later, in April 2008, so it seems to me that not all that much time has been "lost" by completing GWX V2.1....

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote