View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 09:44 PM   #2613
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Driving a Sargo out of Brisbane.
December 19, 1942.
11 completed missions.
Currently refitting in port.
Started in Asiatic Flotilla in December 1941.
Transferred to Brisbane Flotilla Spring 1942.
New Submarine offered after mission 6 and again after mission 9. Both refused.
Have made zero equipment upgrades.
Have made zero personnel changes since mission 2 or 3 although i did award some medals after the last (#11) mission.
when i click on the wall map to see our next mission, there is a slight delay and then CTD.
i snuck a peek at CareerTrack.UPC and our next mission is ID408 which is Insertion Spy Philippines 03.mis.
i snuck a peek at that mission's dotMIS and it has several entries such as this one: Insert Spy Philippines 03_Z
Your thoughts?

Addendum: the root cause is definitely the ID408 mission because if i change the mission to a different, eligible mission (ID168), there is no CTD.
also, i edited the MIS and TSR of ID408, eliminating the internal spaces of the names but that did not make a difference. the game still CTD at the same action.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.39_EN
200 FotRSU_NipponMaru_Public_Beta_v1.1_Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The mis and tsr are fine. That "Insert Spy Philippines 03_Z" is the name of the MapZone where you make the drop. The "Insert Spy Philippines 03_L" is the green map Patrol Marker. The Objective is "Insert Spy Philippines 03_Obj1", which uses that MapZone. That's all there is to the mission, besides the briefing and synopsis.
What date did you arrive back at Brisbane,
what date does it show you to depart, and
which boat are you in?
I'm leaning more toward something "external"... in other words, that pause sounds like you are starting to spawn into the game itself, and there is something amiss in the neighborhood around you on that particular date. maybe...

btw, no conn change? Gun change? AA change? radar change?
Most of the info you requested is in my post (above).
arrived in Brisbane 12/19/42.
departure date (from CareerTrack.upc) is January 11, 1943.

Quote:
that pause sounds like you are starting to spawn into the game itself, and there is something amiss in the neighborhood around you on that particular date. maybe
i thought the same myself until i changed the next mission to another acceptable mission for our base/boat and there was no CTD.
it's that
Insert Spy Philippines 03 mission. something is amiss. most likely, something subtle and simple, but hiding.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote