View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 09:35 PM   #2
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 535
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Not sure if I should ask this here or in the General Sub& Naval Discussions board, but here goes.

I was wondering if anybody knows if back in WWII in the Pacific if a U.S. sub ended up firing off all it's torpedoes just 2 or 3 weeks into it's war patrol would they go to a flotilla and get a new load out of torpedoes? Or when they radioed in their situation would they be given a new mission before they returned to base like Life Saving duty or a photo reconnaissance mission or some other mission that did not necessarily require them to have torpedoes?

Just curious. In my current campaign I am up to early November 1942 and I just used all 24 of my torpedoes (15 duds, 6 missis, 3 detonations) sinking a destroyer and a light cruiser in The Slot over a period of 60 hours. I am not sure if I want to re arm at the Tulagi flotilla, or just head back to Midway and end the patrol. For the most part I like to play SH4 as real as possible and try to make as realistic decisions as possible, that the real sub captains would make. I like to play with as high immersion as possibl

Just curious.
-StealthRabbit
I thought my dud ratio was high. 4 duds in 10 torpedos. I feel for you brother!