View Single Post
Old 10-28-20, 04:34 PM   #13
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
Really? I've detected gunfire before but never been hit when at periscope depth unless it was a plane doing depth bombing or something. Anyhow, I wouldn't do this in the midst of a convoy in day time. That would be courting disaster.
what i described has happened...more than once. during a day attack as well as night attacks.

however, these occasions occurred during attacks on convoys/TF, not single ships. And...typically it is not the initial attack but a follow-up attack that draws the intense gunfire from being close aboard a ship that can fire weapons.

the FOTRSU warships are fierce, especially the DD/DE's. Once you are detected, if they are not firing their deck weapons, then they are launching frickn torpedoes at me. it is downright unhealthy for a Kaleun and his valiant crew. which is fine...okay...because we are making it frickn unhealthy for them also.

just saying.....don't go trying to set up a 600 yd shot on a major combatant in the middle of a TF line at any time of day or night.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote