View Single Post
Old 06-14-17, 07:55 AM   #62
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider_sp View Post
What do you mean Sonalysts failed to perform, what are you talking about? We had more than 10 full sub squadrons in our Seawolves fleet back in the days. One could find multiplayer anytime of the day as he wished. Honestly, I don't recall any community as alive as Seawolves during her prime years... What sonalysts failed to do was to bring its simulator up to date, in line with new gaming technologies, but even then, 20 years after, under the hood its still far superior to CW. Even commercially, if that's your point, I doubt that there would even had been follow ups like Fleet Command, SC and DW if it wasnt for 688i HK's commercial sucess alone.

I wouldn't mind having a Fast Attack 2 sim without any fancy dynamic campaing. A moddable modern fast attack, with 3d interiors, proper physics and crew management with good map and scenario editor and I'd be once again a happy subsimmer for at least a another decade.
Commercially, of course. The reason Sonalysts haven't made any new sims is because DW failed to meet sales expectations. Had it been a profitable venture, they would still be here. But they have not made a new game in over 10 years.

You sound like you would rather be playing DW, so why are you here complaining about our game when we've always been up front with the fact it's not like DW, nor was it ever intended to be. If DW is what you want to play...

...play DW.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote