Old 12-02-14, 09:12 PM   #38
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFront View Post
Nice backpedaling.
Not backpedalling - correcting your claim that I misquoted you. You stated I misquoted, which I did not. But I get that you would rather argue semantics than deal with the lack of validity in your claim....

Quote:
WRONG. TOS are contracts and are valid only insofar as they do not violate law.
You are correct. The problem is you are claiming that their ToS violates the law. Yet you have yet to do more than produce a claim. Cite case law that backs up your contention that software is only purchased and not "leased" as Steam ToS basically states.

Quote:
BTW, Valve is private owned, no stock.
Well someone owns it - so it "might" have been you LOL. Also - even private entities are often owned in part by investors. Just because they are not publicly traded or available does not negate private investment.

Quote:
By your definition, Valve is merely a distributor of this game and not involved with its DRM, therefore they have no right to touch the game.
Quite untrue. Even as a "mere distributor" they are bound by the agreements that they make with the publishers. That generally requires them to agree to enforce the publishers ToS on their service. Thus they have a legal obligation to do so.

Quote:
The coercion is "[self-censored] us or be locked out of the vast majority of PC gaming".
Then Origin is a monoply, as they are the ONLY source for EA pc games. Thats 100% of the EA pc game market. Why haven't you sued them yet?

Quote:
There you go again. TOS are a contract, and are only valid insofar as they do not violate law.
Yes, we agree there. The problem is your making a claim that it is violating the law but have been shown repeatedly that your wrong. However, you refuse to accept common sense arguements in your malevolence toward Steam. If you were right, don't you think folks like Origin, Capsule, etc would have launched legal challenges?

Quote:
I'll believe they were anti-Steam when I see it.
Its called the search function - feel free to use it.

Quote:
You damn just love to psychologically project yourself, don't you? Goback2Stormfront.
And there we have it - you had the chance to debate the points and instead you go for the personal slam. Thanks for proving my point.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote