View Single Post
Old 12-13-15, 05:04 PM   #3446
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I'm patrolling in the Happy Times I get a "unidentified ship spotted" from my watch crew. I'm thinking it's odd because normally I'd get a "smoke on the horizon" before I get anything else. So I think it's maybe just because of the light fog. Well after I get the first call out....about 5 seconds a get an "aircraft spotted" at the same bearing. Since I don't F around with aircraft and crashdived immediately. I stopped around 30 meters and did a sound check.....and to my surprise there was no sound contact. proceed to periscope depth to look around. I'm surprised to see about 8 unidentified aircraft flying in formation. Well I figure they are not trying to attack me....so i surface at all stop. My crew then calls out both a contact and an aircraft spotted in the same direction of the aircraft. It's obvious they are one and the same thing they are talking about. Just weird!!! They ended up coming back in front of my bow at long range. Two of them end up colliding.

Last edited by finchOU; 09-08-16 at 11:30 PM.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote