View Single Post
Old 10-10-09, 01:54 PM   #59
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
I... had a little flack accident... and kind of got my rudder and right engine shot off/damages... err... Once the right engine went our I couldnt fly stright and keep speed any more... so over some oleg trees... I had a bit of a accident...

but what happend to oberon...
Well, 'eres what happened:

I was lined up for take-off behind a 110 when Task Force reported he was being shot at. I saw some smoke up ahead but didn't think much of it, then suddenly my cockpit was shot up and my left engine trashed. Thinking we were under attack from the air, and not wanting to hold back Schroeder and the rest, I quickly throttled up, slammed left full rudder and got off the runway. Meanwhile Schroeder and the rest of the He-111s took off, or so I thought, as I taxied back onto the runway to take off, I caught a quick glimpse of another 111 approaching from the right and...BANG!!

PS: Oh yeah, and one of the funniest things was after the initial crash. Since I was dead I could switch to external, to find that my He-111 was still going on full throttle but with one engine and wing, slowly sliding across the runway. It only stopped when the port engine finally exploded and damaged the starboard one.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote