View Single Post
Old 01-31-17, 06:29 AM   #751
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Here's a 3D version of the Imperial Seal of Japan, modelled after the drawing you linked at post #745 in this thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ffuqpkulbblovb/IJSeal.7z

It comes in two version: the first version has ambient occlusion shadows mapped on the diffuse texture, which should make it to look sharper than it would with a simple diffuse texture, but its edges are not splitted; the second version in identical in size and shape, but it is both AO-mapped and edge splitted. That was done by splitting it automatically along its hard edges, using the Blender modifier recommended a while back by the_frog

The second model should look better, but its vertex/poly count is higher. My suggestion is to try both versions and see how they look in game. If you can't spot any significant difference, just use the lower-poly version

Both models are about 1 m in diameter. Again, a resizing by you might be required, and one last recommendation: the texture file provided includes an alpha channel to be used as specular mask. For better lighting effects, my recommendation is to enable it in seal's material, by adding to it the appropriate controller
Nothing can stop you, gap. Will try this when my computer is resurrected !