View Single Post
Old 08-11-21, 03:46 PM   #23
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar Re: saving after high TC...

What I do is a gradual step down from high TC (which I edit the main.cfg to only allow it to rack out to 256 & no higher. ) down to 1 TC... wait 3 minutes or so to 5. After that I then note the date & time (which I use in making My saves so that it's not exactly carbon copy.)

example:

P-1 M1-A 15/06/42 21:30 hrs

Breaking that down...

P-1 = Patrol am doing.

M1-A = current skipper, I use the next letter at the end to denote different named skippers. M1-A is J. T. 'Mad' Mardigan. Full name, James Tiberius Mardigan.. an homage to J. T. Kirk, a well known skipper in their own right.. at least space wise.

15/06/42 = In game date done as I recall the navy did back then... if I have My info right.. Day, followed by month, then year &...

Finally,
21:30 hrs ... time stamping, military style... that's 9:30 p.m. for land lubbers & non military folk...

After I enter in the pertinent data, I hit save... twice, once to clear the cursor out of the naming bar & the 2nd to save.

After saving, I'll go back to interior view in the sub then make for the bridge to just enjoy the view for... about 5 minutes before exiting.

I always do My saves when I know it's night & always vary up the time as I don't have to worry about the date... that rolls on. In addition, to also knowing I'm surfaced... only other things I make sure of, is no ships around & 70+ nm away from land (as is possible, that is... I generally try to avoid saving near land if at all feasible. )

That's just the way I do My saves & has worked great & have not had any issues with saves not loading when I go to get back in to skippering My sub.

Any way...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.