View Single Post
Old 12-19-20, 10:43 AM   #1
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Model Import Framework for Cold Waters

Hi All,

Over the last few months I have been working on an import framework for Cold Waters to improve the extensibility of the game. v1.0.1.0 is available for download here: https://github.com/FirebarSim/Cold-Waters-Expanded

This is more of an import framework than a mod, though I have included a bunch of unfinished assets as examples of what can be done. It provides, as of version 1.0.1.0:
  • Ability to load gLTF model files at run time, providing easy modding of new models
  • Ability to load Unity AssetBundles, providing the full power of the Unity materials system etc, some particles are supported at the moment and more will be as I continue work.
  • X Plane functionality, to support vessels such as the Suffren
  • Mesh visibility functionality, to show and hide mesh based on some conditions
  • Mesh translate function, to translate mesh when a condition is met or not
  • Nation Flags, extra flags in the Unit Reference viewer
  • A fix to allow an odd number of Torpedo tubes
  • Removed the necessity to add all new vessels to the _vessel_list.txt file, the game will load and sort new vessels on load
  • Removed the necessity to add all new aircraft to the aircraft.txt file, the game will append individual aircraft definition files in a search for override\\aircraft\\aircraft_*.txt to this file.
  • Removed the necessity to add all new weapons to the weapons.txt file, the game will append individual weapon definition files in a search for override\\weapons\\weapon_*.txt for Torpedoes and Missiles, override\\weapons\\mortar_*.txt and override\\weapons\\gun_*.txt for "Depth Weapons", and override\\weapons\\countermeasure_*.txt for Countermeasures to this file.
  • Removed the necessity to add Depth Weapon Descriptions to the depth_weapon_display_names.txt file in whatever language is chosen. The game will look in the individual weapon files as described above for language_xx= and add that to the sensor descriptions.
  • Removed the necessity to add all new sensors to the sensors.txt file, the game will append individual weapon definition files in a search for override\\sensors\\radar_*.txt and override\\sensors\\sonar_*.txt to this file.
  • Removed the necessity to add Sensor Descriptions to the sensor_display_names.txt file in whatever language is chosen. The game will look in the individual sensor files as described above for language_xx= and add that to the sensor descriptions. Removed the need to add single mission names to the list in a language. The game now looks for language_xx in the mission files (of the form \\override\\single*.txt and adds that to the single missions list.
  • Some game fixes

Please note that this has only been tested by me on my machine, please let me know if you try it and encounter any issues and I shall try my best to fix them.

Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote