Thread: Worth a Buy?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-19, 08:46 PM   #9
Drmbb
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default This release is one reason I am back

I stopped playing pc games a number of years ago when my ACER desktop finally died. Since I use Macs (and have since the early 1990’s) and Linux boxes for my personal and professional work I just never replaced that PC. But I was a regular here through the releases of Subsim III, IV and V (and destroyer command and other releases). Seeing and reading about UBOAT and Wolfpack made me nostalgic for these games.

So I have a Sager laptop shipping and plan to put this, and Subsim III, IV and V on it (plus Jutland and whatever else I can find and get to work). UBOAT looks awesome to me - regardless of a work in progress or whatever. Just to have new naval SIMs coming out is exciting to me.

I remember fondly debates here when Subsim III came out between the hard corers (a real word ?) who insisted on playing real time, versus those of us who did use time compression. These are awesome scenarios for historical era games.

BTW, my favorite PS4 Pro game of all, is Sniper Eleite IV for many of the same reasons.
Drmbb is offline   Reply With Quote