View Single Post
Old 09-04-05, 08:16 PM   #1
Pigfish
Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New units with DWedit?

Has anyone tried adding/creating new units to new countrys with existing units in game yet?

I did this with SC/SCX and had no problem. Poland, Algeria, Romania, Peru etc with appropriate units and weapons. With SCX there certainaly were a lot of units/weapons to pick from already made with the right sensors.

But with DWedit its a little trickier to me. I added A Canadian Navy with a Halifax FFG and a Iroquois DDG. Of coarse my Halifax 3D object resembles a OHP and the Iroquois sure looks like a ChengKung but what the heck...

Anyway I can change weapons, sensors etc no problem but when it comes to making a unique sonar profile dialog I run into problems.

Something to do with the little arrow box you see by index, when clicked it says 'When giving it a unused index will enable OK!'.

After a zillion trys with different index #s I have got things to work but really dont know what I have done to get it to work. Also ran into this problem in country dialog.

Im sure there is an easy answer with a quick, surefire way that I am missing. Can anyone help?