View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 02:39 PM   #22
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2

Greetings Propbeanie,

I think the fuel usage issues in FOTRSU are related to the battery recharge fix special ability. I'm running 1.004.a and was patrolling in a Gato out of Midway. With one officer with that ability, I would typically return to base with no torpedoes and more than half my fuel after patrolling all the way to 11-B at ahead full for most of the trip.

Then I promoted an ensign who gained that ability. Once I had two officers with the battery recharge fix I could run flank speed submerged all day and still have half a charge that evening when I surfaced. And I could complete an entire patrol and pull back into Midway with 99% fuel remaining.

I accepted a Balao out of Fremantle and ran a patrol to Convoy College with the same results as above. Full speed to patrol zone, patrol five days at Standard, numerous runs at Flank to get in position, etc. and still returned with 99% and no torpedoes without stopping anywhere for fuel.

I'm a bit OCD with crew management: I promote and cycle off the boat the old hands so they can crew the new boats, etc. It's one of the ways I immerse myself. Anyhow, I released the original lieutenant with the battery recharge fix to his own captaincy and the former ensign became my only crew member with the ability.

Now my boat is using fuel again. This patrol had me down to 92% about the time I hit the Sulu Sea. So, to reiterate: I think the fuel usage issue is connected to the battery recharge fix special ability.

Good hunting!
SilentPrey
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote