View Single Post
Old 05-13-20, 01:32 AM   #13147
steve_lyons
Watch

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Dunno if this has been asked, and considering that there is now 877 pages of posts accumulated, sorry if it has been. I Must have missed it... (eyes ain't what they used to be...)

Any way, just started a new career, after reinstalling SH5 & resetting back up TWOS mod, and notice that the U boat is a Type VII-A... are other U boats of the Type VII class able to be used, and much less the Type IX's, either.?

Know that with (I know for SH3 it was straight up with it all being about the U boats & being able to select which 1 you wanted to start off with or transfer to) SH4 v1.5, that with mods being added in to , that they were able to be either chosen off the rip (With SH3, you could transit your career to another sub as you progressed in your career... unless you had your sub shot out (or depth charged out, which ever being the case), from under you.. i.e death... I do follow the dead is dead principle... was how it was in real life for them & how it goes for me in commanding a sub)

Really trying to give SH5 a fair shake, and would like to know that am NOT stuck with the Type VII-A for the whole duration of the war...

Any way, that's it... thanks.

While you're not stuck with the type VIIA, you are limited to the type VII (in its many variants) and various tech upgrades available throughout the war.

I have recently graduated from SH3 to SH5 with the TWoS mod, and it is fantastic, let me assure you - well worth persisting and giving a decent shake.