View Single Post
Old 05-08-11, 07:37 PM   #6
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Wow. Wow Wow. I loved playing PAW 1942 but my old Packard Bell SX386 with only 2 sticks of ram would not play it very smoothly. I broke the other two dimm slots and could not keep my dimm sticks in it as the little while plastic locking tab broke.

I was trying to reprogram my ram on another Hewlett Packard PC with a pentium Processor using Windows 95 but could not get everything working on it.

I'd love to see a new PAW 1942 type game for Windows 7 64 bit.

It's nice to know that the guy that produced the 1942 game is still around. I liked the idea of being an admiral with the capabilty of jumping into the cockpit and flying one of the planes. And I just loved paying the carrier war games with all the options that you gave to use. Turning on the clouds or weather or turning them off. turning off the certaintly etc. Engine overheating or not. All that made the game much more challenging.

I's still play that game today If I could figure out how I got my Dos to give me enough memory to get the game to run. That was always the most difficult part. You forced me to learn more about computer than I ever wanted to. But I did it because I was wanting to play that game. I still have two copies of the PAW 1942 game on 3.5 disks. But my new Asus computer didn't come with the 3.5 drive.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote