View Single Post
Old 03-16-21, 03:01 PM   #1
LuteFlute
Watch

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Base GWX3.0 crashing

Hey everyone, I'm new around here, and just discovered the joy of SH3, coming from U-BOAT, the gameplay and features in SH3 are awesome (thanks to the mods)

Anyways, I've been playing SH3 (steam version) for the past 3 days with this mod setup, and have never got it to work flawlessly
It would crash towards the end of loading the menu or a mission (from the port or save). The thing is, sometimes I am able to load fine and pray to god it works from thereon. It also turns out that in-game it does crash sometimes, (noticed this occurs usually around the bay of northern France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, could be just a coincidence) which finally broke me, as I just couldn't progress anymore.

As such, I tried to do a fresh installation (deleted everything SH3 related) to try and test each mod one by one (should have done this before I know...). I tried out SH3 with just GWX 3.0 and yup, still crashes. I'm lost, if anyone, got any other ideas, I'll gladly listen. Anyways, I'm gonna go to bed as it's late, and trying to fix this has been driving me crazy. Sidenote: crashes could be from my RAM sticks, as they are iffy for some games, so I'll test this out and update this thread with the results after I wake up.

Thanks!

EDIT: Unfortunately (or fortunately for the sticks themselves) the tested RAM sticks also crash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Modlist in case it doesnt laod in the post.jpg (19.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by LuteFlute; 03-16-21 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Issue Update
LuteFlute is offline   Reply With Quote