View Single Post
Old 05-20-19, 11:46 AM   #12
lolalola321
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Hi all.

I've been messing around with TWoS for a couple of days right now and have been enjoying it. For the most part..

I have read virtually EVERYTHING there is to know about this mod (including all of the instructional manuals that come installed with it and the main forum posts) and even learned how to used the Enigma Machine, but I have a few issues...

First of all - let there be no doubt that my game and this mod are installed absolutely correctly and that my computer is absolutely more than capable (6 core, 12 thread Intel i7 (OC'd and water cooled), GTX 780 GPU, 16GB of ram, etc. etc... granted it is an older system, but SH5 is an older game anyways)

I made sure to uninstall my prev game, deleted all the left over files from both SH5 and also Ubisoft, restarted the computer, fresh install, restarted the comp. again, updated to 1.2, and started the game up 1 time (as it says in the TWoS instructions), restarted, installed TWoS (all of the SH5, Ubisoft and associated Mod exe's have the run as admin box ticked), restared, enabled optional Enigma, Interior Food Stocks, Map contact colors and Radio reports Auto target ID mods and restarted again. I even Alt TAB on the main menu and give osi.exe the highest priority (for campaign continuation, as described in the instructions)

The game runs fine, BUT

There is clipping inside of the interior (with the black "instrument labels" and the enigma machine), my crew keeps notifying me EVERY 5 seconds about smoke on the horizon (there was a ship, yes, but I didn't need to know about her every 5 seconds), and the deck gun crew keeps "walking away" (though, maybe that was due to the seas being somewhat rough... I guess... - could that be an issue?)

In spite of everything I absolutely enjoyed this modpack and will def. be using it in the future, but if anyone could shed any light on the issues described above I would once again be grateful

Also - how do you delete "cloud synced" save games? I do have the offline thing in Uplay ticked, but everytime I reinstall the game they keep comming back (yes I deleted my SH5 documents folder, and also delted the Ubisoft folder in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher directory...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\"a string of letters and numbers"\3\ is this where the savegames would be synced online btw?

Anyways, thanks
lolalola321 is offline   Reply With Quote