Old 02-01-08, 08:49 AM   #82
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default No joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian
I posted the cure for this in post 74 of this thread.
I tried it both ways. No change. I still have the funky stripe camouflage and the water still has the synchronized parallel waves.

Test results: I can fix the funkiness, although it grows on you after awhile

Here's the orginal Rubini settings with no changes except for inserting the 7900GS card. This has 200000000: EA Strategy Games Anti-aliasing compatibility on.

Well, that's a no-go. But we already knew that. Let's turn that EA compatibility off by unchecking the box:

Looks like the stripes might be a bit more contrasty, but no joy in Mudville here. It's time to explore nHancer and find out what I can make worse. I'll spare all of you the gory details. Then!

Normally nHancer just bulldozes (technical term) the game setting with its own. Infrequently this causes weirdness (another technical term). Checking this box uses your settings within the parameters set by the game! Looks promising, so:

Yessssssssss! I have my sub back. Let's pop on that EA compatibility setting we thought was the problem to begin with:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeyes!!!!!! We're back to all of Rubini's gains using the EA compatibility and no tiger boat. Now my only problem is that I have no frame rate gain from my 7600GT and if I had two of them I'd SLI them and have better fps than the 7900GS. Why? Inquiries are in to EVGA.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 02-01-08 at 02:17 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote