View Single Post
Old 12-06-19, 09:07 AM   #1
ChasseurJean
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Stability issues...and I don't mean in a heavy sea

Hello all,

First off I wanted to thank the existence of this forum for getting me back into SH3. It's been several years since I played but reading here showed me there is still a thriving community.

As you can probably guess I re-installed SH3 recently. After some hunting I was able to more or less re-assemble the package of mods I had used way back when, as well as a few new ones. So far so good but I think I got a little overzealous with all the amazing new mods out there and encountered enough stability issues to prompt me to uninstall and start fresh.

Somehow though I am now worse off than before. After twice uninstalling through Steam and manually deleting the SH3 folder in steam apps as well as the SH3 folder in "Documents" I re-installed three mods GWX3, SubCommander and a widescreen fix and now it crashes upon trying to start the first mission of a new career.

Loading it with just GWX works, but starting through Subcommander and it gets to 100% loading to start my first patrol and then CTD's.

I'm wondering if there are some files somewhere else that I need to delete to have a completely clean install? Or perhaps the Widescreen fix I'm using isn't compatible, even though it seemed to be working before?

Again I'm rather flummoxed because I had it more or less working before and now after starting fresh I can't get a mission to start.

Any help is appreciated. I'm too old/slow to compete with the kids playing Warthunder and World of Warships anymore so I'm really hoping I can get SH3 up and running again.

Cheers.
ChasseurJean is offline   Reply With Quote