View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 03:21 PM   #17
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Skyrikm had a mod, I think name was Frostfall or something like that. You had to eat and check body temperature, and wear warming clothes. You ran from heatpoint to heatpoint else you could freeze to death or get seriously handicapped in combat from the cold you expereinced.

However, I prefer these kind of games to be more war aciton fopcussed, a bit more action form many more and tougher enemies. Then it m akes mroe sense to micromamnange y gang, to equip them best way you can, and maintain a stronghold.

Again I recommend to also look at The Hunter. Not survival, but an immersive sandbox game it is.

I once created a big mod for ArmA1 and ArmA2, where the whole place was triggering random enemy patrols in hotpoints and along streets, rnadom generation, so unpredictable. Took quite soem tiekj to set these scenarios off. I dropped into that place with a sqaud, and then it was just surving for as long as possible. Woirkewd greta for a line wolf mission, 3-4 men squds mission, squadroin mission, severla nights and days ingame time. I loved to play ArmA that wa ymore than in any other. I always hoped for an SP game mode like this doing it mnore prfessionally in design, but it seems there never was one, it all is focussed on MP, not my thing that is, and the AI coding by Bohemia is unfortunately lousy. Always has been since Operation Flashpoint. It always seemed to me to them focussing on MP always was their alibi so to not havign to engage with AI coding more seriously. I think that is a shame.