gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Any progress? for WAC 5.0
@ padi

Niume anticipated me: during the last few days I have been wondering if you had made any progress with your mod. Since the last time we have discussed about it, I have added a few new models to my collection of 3D ASW ordnance. Models I have (more or less) ready so far are:
  • US 300 lb depth charge Mark 6 / Mark 6 Mod 1 + throwing arbor
  • US 600 lb depth charge Mark 7 / Mark 7 Mod 1
  • US 200 lb depth charges Mark 9 / Mark 9 Mod 1 and Mark 9 Mod 2 + throwing arbors
  • GB 300 lb depth charge Type D Mark III (this one was a WWI depth charge but, according to navweaps.com still in service as late as 1940)
  • GB 290 lb depth charges Mark VII and Mark VII heavy
  • GB hedgehog / US mousetrap projectile (according to John Campbell's "Naval Weapons of WWII" , a version of the latter was modified for being fired or dropped from patrol aircraft)
  • GB squid laucher and projectile (those models are already part of a mod by LGN1)
  • GB 60 lb HE and 25 lb AP RP-3 rockets + rail
  • US 3.5-Inch and 5-inch FFAR rockets + rail (I hope at some moment my rocket models will be merged with Kendras' WIP rockets mod)
  • GB 100 lb A/S bombs Mk. III, IV and VI
  • GB 250 lb A/S bombs Mk. III and IV
  • GB 500 lb A/S bomb Mk. IV
  • US 325 lb Mk. 17 / 350 lb Mk. 44 depth bomb
  • US 350 lb Mk. 41 / Mk. 47 depth bombs
  • US 325 lb Mk. 53 / 350 lb Mk. 54 depth bomb
  • US 650 lb Mk. 29 and Mk. 37 depth bombs
  • US 650 lb Mk. 38 / 700 lb Mk. 49 depth bomb

Moreover, I recommend you to read carefully the following short essay I have found on the lethality/damage radii of underwater ordnance:

http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Su..._Lethality.htm

other useful rediangs on the same topic:

Andrzej Grzadziela - Model of Impact Underwater Detonation, Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport, Vol. 19, No. 2 2012
David Sulfredge, Robert Morris, Robert Sanders - Calculating the Effect of Surface or Underwater Explosions - Oak Ridge National Laboratory, January 2005
E. Kowsarinia, Y Alizadeh, H. S. Salavati Pour - Experimental Evaluation of Blast Wave Parameters in Underwater Explosions of Hexogen Charges - 2011
Frederick A. Costanzo - Underwater Explosion Phenomena and Shock Physics - Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, UERD, February 2010
Robert H. Cole - Underwater Explosions - Princeton University Press (1948)
Schneider, Nathan A. - Prediction of surface ship response to severe underwater explosions - Monterey, California. Naval Postgraduate School, June, 2003
Warren D. Reid - The Response of Surface Ships to Underwater Explosions - DSTO (1996)

Of course we cannot simulate the complexity of real shokwave damage but at level required for gaming purposes we can get relatively close to it, and the articles above contain most of what we need to know on the real thing
gap is offline   Reply With Quote