View Single Post
Old 02-14-13, 08:20 PM   #9
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Got a 660 on PCI-e 2 here, no bottlenecks that I'm aware off. PCI-e 3 shouldn't even factor into your decision at this point.

Er, AMD is tricky at the moment. For games, as far as I know, it's single-threaded performance that counts. And that's exactly what the latest FX line-up (Bulldozer was terrible, Piledriver improves a bit) are not particularly good at. That said, most games aren't particularly CPU-intensive. You will definitely run into a CPU bottleneck when you have a GTX 680 or such, but I can't say whether or not that's also the case with a 560/660.

I just... I've already moved from a 460 to 660. The 460 was alright but not spectacular due to trouble with the new manufacturing process (it had part of its core locked and was underclocked). That "old" 460 outperforms a 650 by a fair margin.

I don't think you would be too impressed by the performance on that thing. It'll run Skyrim all right, CoH2 medium prolly but with RTW2 you'll already be cranking it most of the way down. It has no legs.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote