View Single Post
Old 02-13-13, 10:39 PM   #1
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default Computer purchasing advice

After my girlfriend dropped my laptop and I had to do some percussive maintenance to get the fan running again, I decided it's time to finally get a new computer. Ideally I'd like a laptop for portability, but the price is too damn high. So I've decided on finally putting together a desktop.

I've had a Cooler Master HAF932 for about two years now, without actually putting anything inside of it(save dust). So the case is settled, but I don't know what else to get. I'm looking at a budget of about $600(including monitor) although could probably go up a tad more depending on how much tax money I have left over after buying essentials. I already have speakers, a mouse and a keyboard. If push comes to shove I might be able to buy a screen off a friend for cheap.

Ideally I'd like something with 2.0ghz or higher 4 core processor, with 8 gigs of ram, DVD+RW drive, 1TB HDD, decent graphics card, and an HDMI port.

I need recommendations for:
CPU+ Heat sink
GPU
RAM
Sound Card
Network Card
Mother Board
PSU
Monitor
HDD
DVD drive

So basically everything.

As for cooling, the case comes with several fans. I'll have to check tomorrow exactly how many actually came with mine.