View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 01:09 PM   #645
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Lc, what settings we use is going to be determined by our individual PC's. Before I got my new one, my older machine would not even run TvT. I had upgraded it as best I could on my budget, but you can only go so far. It took me a long time to save up for a new one, but it was worth it. Only working a part time job made it all the harder.

But, for my setting, AA and anisotropic are at x8, I run the sim at 1024X768, refresh at 75. All details are at a high setting, stutters are now at a minimum. I'm using Win 7, so I can use more ram then XP will allow, at 4 GB. Could not have come close to these settings on my old machine.

ZW, I have seen my mistake when running this mission. But, really wanted to see how far I could get into it, it froze on me the first time I ran it.

I was heading for the toughest part of the Russian defensive lines, should stay east of that, keeping the tree line between me and them. Should go farther north too, the village is in that direction. But, there is the other Russian hornets nest waiting for us there too, so going to be rough no matter which way we go.

Had noticed during the intial assault, that I was moving at a pretty good speed across open ground, when all of a sudden the tank would come to a halt, like I had hit a landmine, but there was no explosion. After a moment, I could proceed again. Happened twice, but not sure of exact location, simply because there are not a lot of landmarks on the Russian steppes,lol Don't know if it was the lay of the land, or if a problem with a map seam maybe?
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote