View Single Post
Old 04-04-10, 08:34 PM   #633
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Well ZW, I almost made it! I pumped up the volume on the PC, went from 2.8 GHz to almost 3.6, easily and safely done with a couple of switches on the motherboard,thankfully. Not pushing any farther then that.

FR's were around 2.5 to 6, depending on how much was going on at the time. So much artillery fire is going off all the time. Have to drive a long way to get near the Russian lines, but that builds up the suspense! Got run into by a blind AI Tiger driver,lol No damage, and kept on moving!

I was thankful to finally see a tree line, even though it wasn't very deep or thick, but beats the heck out of being in the open so much. Drove amongst the tree's towards all the firing. Saw some busted up Tigers, again, incessant fire coming in around us. Some AI Tigers were firing back while sitting still, using destroyed Tigers as a shield. But from that distance, doubt they were hitting much, if anything at all! I crept forward, slowly sneaking through the tree's, as if you can sneak anywhere with a Tiger!

Started trading long range fire against the Russians, but to no avail, they were pretty far away, but just couldn't sit there and take it! A couple of rounds slammed into me, track shot to hell, so was a sitting duck for the Russian gunners, but kept firing back!

Finally, I was done, hit numerous times, driver killed too!

Not going to say what my hit tally was, not something anyone needs to know! LOL But, in this last shot, check out the smoke in the distance on the left, that's the Russian positions. Man, they are so close, but yet so far!!

All in all, one hell of a challenge ZW! Still a bit of stutters, but even with the goofy FR readings, ran a lot smoother then I thought. Going to need some horse power in your PC to run it as it is, but know you are working on a newer version. Thanks for letting me take a look at it, going to try a different strategy next time, not sure how it will work out as we get close to the enemy lines! Need some grunts to help out, that would be nice too!

Eddie

Last edited by eddie; 04-04-10 at 08:48 PM.
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote