View Single Post
Old 08-03-17, 05:02 PM   #54
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well then, I've goofed something up with the torps. I have nothing in my "stores" or "bunker" for loading any torps, even though they are drawn on the deck... - I'll have to go back through my edits.

Just like I'll have to look a bit closer at what I did to make the game crash trying to use Brisbane. It is NOT the order of the boats, like I thought yesterday evening. The PT109 is listed fifth in CareerStart 1, but is listed as boat 9, and it works fine like that. Brisbane should also, but I've got something wrong in the CareerStart and / or Flotilla (I'm guessing the former), since the game crashes now when choosing Brisbane. Doesn't matter which boat is selected...

Anyway bubblehead1980 (Bubbles is a good nickname, btw ), here's some snippets of the two files:

;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

CareerStart.upc
---------------

[CareerStart 1]
ID= Beginning
NameDisplayable= 1941
StartTimeInterval=1941-12-08, 1942-02-01
BackgroundPic= 1941.tga ; picture that is displayed on the background when this option is selected
CareerStartBriefingText= The war has just started, and we're being beaten.
RenownOptions= 1000, 2000, 5000

[CareerStart 1.Flotilla 1]
ID= C1Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= Pearl Harbor
IDLinkFlotilla= PearlHarborCommand ; link to ID in Flotilla upc file
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F1Porpoise, 4, F1Tambor, 5, F1Gar, 4 ; enumeration of ID(s) that point to submarine upc file
FlotillaBriefingText=
FlotillaCommonality= 1 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned

[CareerStart 1.Flotilla 2]
ID= C1Flotilla2
NameDisplayable= Manila
IDLinkFlotilla= FremantleCommand
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F2Sboat, 6, F2Porpoise, 7, F2Salmon, 6, F2Sargo, 11, F2NSSPT109, 2
FlotillaBriefingText=
FlotillaCommonality= 2 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned

;================================================= ====

Flotillas.upc
-------------

[Flotilla 2.UserPlayerUnitType 9]
ID= F2NSSPT109
NameDisplayable= Elco PT_109 MTB
AvailabilityInterval= 1938-01-01, NULL
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= NSS_PT_109
UnitTypeCommonality= 2
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= BrisbaneCommand

;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

There should be no problem with it working in just about any mod. All mods, as far as I know, use Type=200 for the subs, so there you go! The "calls" for the boat are the same as what yubba has on Page 1 here in this thread. I've made no changes to the boat's names or any of the files, other than the UPC stuff for equipment, which did me absolutely no good, since I still don't have torps - BUT - I do have a "crew" page now with people showing on it, and all stations are manned... The rear gunner is actually quite good at sinking Sampans...

First assignment is to insert supplies. The boat is still up there in the harbor, but we're on our way, torpedo-less, but with a bear of a rear gunner!...

Propbeanie. You are my hero lol. I just got the career to start up in Manila in 1941 with the PT.

However, I have no torpedoes either.Thats weird, torpedoes show up in single mission but not career mode. Ugh this sim drives me crazy sometimes. Edit: Saw yubba fix for torpedoes, working now. Making adjustments to my torp mod for PT's will release this evening.

Any ideas on how to fix the no crew on deck when not at GQ? thinking OOD and one lookout in the steering station would work. Gunners of course man guns when GQ is called.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 08-03-17 at 05:32 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote