Thread: [REL] C3-class cargo ship
View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 05:05 AM   #30
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

• Why do models of ship halves after destruction sometimes stick together and penetrate each other? How to fix it? This was not the case with me in the early experiments of the NKC3 and it fell apart well, but then the ship during the experiments in the mission had a different property - at the time of destruction, its parts appeared much higher than water and fell from above, then I twisted the values in the .sim file and the parts the ships stopped “bouncing”, but apparently, this periodic “sticking together” appeared instead. This does not happen every time, but sometimes.

• Another point: holes - 3d_damage on ships from weapons falling into the destroyed parts. But as I understand it, the same thing happens on other original ships of the game. Is this a general game bug or some kind of local flaw in the construction of units?

gap, . TY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
  • You could combine the gun platforms with hull mesh, but that's probably the trickiest method as you would be forced re-importing the hull, and that might mess your AO mapping.

• If your GR2 file has still some unused meshes, you could import the platforms as individual parts, separated from the main ship hull, and you could change the parent bone settings of each gun equipment bone appropriately so that when a platform is destroyed, then gun(s) on top of it will be destroyed as well.

• You could import the platforms in a separated GR2 file to be stored in the library folder and link them to your ship through equipment bones. Again, if you want a gun to be destroyed when its platform is destroyed, you should move the gun linking bones from the main unit to the platform equipment items in the library folder. Nested equipment items work perfectly in SHIII and I suppose they similarly work in SH5.

I would recommend you to stick to the latter method, as it would minimize the tweaks to be done on the main GR2 file, and it would have the advantage of making each platform configurable by date and ship class as well as any other equipment.
Yes. I understand this game mechanics. The problem is not with that. Problems with understanding the mechanics of GR2EditorViewer. I'm just learning to use it. I can't use its menu functionality:
  • Create a new bone
  • Remove a bone that has a mesh inside it
  • To bind any bone to the "World" : parent (-1)

Last edited by Rosomaha; 06-06-20 at 05:31 AM.
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote