View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 03:49 AM   #29
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
It work in progress. I wrote about it above, @gap.
I built the model in 3ds Max, made textures, put the entire mesh replacing the cell in ship_cargo to see how it looks in the game-it looks good, checked, but everything is useless. I can't split it up and distribute the bones as I need .
I think I have got you now. You want the guns not to stick out directly from ship decks, but to be fitted on top of some raised platforms, right?
To the best of my knowledge, there are three ways to do that:
  • You could combine the gun platforms with hull mesh, but that's probably the trickiest method as you would be forced re-importing the hull, and that might mess your AO mapping.

• If your GR2 file has still some unused meshes, you could import the platforms as individual parts, separated from the main ship hull, and you could change the parent bone settings of each gun equipment bone appropriately so that when a platform is destroyed, then gun(s) on top of it will be destroyed as well.

• You could import the platforms in a separated GR2 file to be stored in the library folder and link them to your ship through equipment bones. Again, if you want a gun to be destroyed when its platform is destroyed, you should move the gun linking bones from the main unit to the platform equipment items in the library folder. Nested equipment items work perfectly in SHIII and I suppose they similarly work in SH5.

I would recommend you to stick to the latter method, as it would minimize the tweaks to be done on the main GR2 file, and it would have the advantage of making each platform configurable by date and ship class as well as any other equipment.
Whatever is your decision, you might need to duplicate some bones. Unfortunately the latest version of GR2 Editor is not the best for doing that. Its bone-cloning features are severely bugged, but you can do that using some older version of the program. Please find at the link below all the GR2 Editor versions in my own possession:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cb609a...o_1_1_453_1.7z

For now I think that's all from my part but let us know if something is unclear to you or if you need any other advise
gap is offline   Reply With Quote